Gretchen would love the opportunity to speak at your next women’s event. She delights in encouraging others with the truth from God’s Word that has made such a difference for her. Whether it is a MOPS meeting, women’s luncheon, church retreat or conference, she offers Biblically sound instruction with practical application for the concerns of our day. Using hindsight and humorous episodes from her own life, she weaves them into the challenges faced by women today.
- In Search of Joy – This is a four-part retreat message on Biblical joy. We can all agree we want more joy in our life but how can we achieve that goal? Gretchen covers what joy is, what it isn’t, how to experience more joy and keep it sustained in life. She also identifies the dangers that rob us of our joy. Learn what is hindering your joy and how you can experience this gift from God more consistently in life.
- The Practice of Perseverance – Challenges in life are inevitable. What we cannot avoid, we must endure. But how? Perseverance is key to our faith and ability to make it through what pains us the most. No matter if it is from family strife, debilitating health, financial woes, or work issues, perseverance is an absolute necessity. Gretchen uncovers what weakens our ability to persevere and how perseverance can be sustained. Using Biblical characters, she highlights practical applications that will strengthen the perseverance needed in life and faith.
- Let Freedom Ring– Jesus came to set us free from sin but also from ourselves. Without knowing it, we can become the reason we find ourselves in captivity. Topics such as fear, anxiety, bitterness, people-pleasing, and rejection are addressed as Gretchen teaches how to break free from what keeps us captive. The complexities of difficult relationships are examined for ways to find freedom from their manipulation through accusations/condemnation and our over-responsibility. She uses the life of Jesus to teach how to respond to others so that we can love people as He did, but without becoming part of their dysfunction.
- Worship as a Weapon– Learn how to break free from worry and fear through worship. Gretchen explains how to use worship as a powerful weapon against what tempts us the most in life. If God commands us not to fear, it is because it is possible not to! Find the peace that He intends for us to become more consistent and sustaining in life.
- Finding Passion for Christ– Do you struggle to have a fulfilling devotional time? Do you find it difficult to read the Bible consistently? Gretchen uses Psalm 63 to teach how we can become like David- after God’s own heart. She breaks down how passion is developed in the life of a believer and how it can help us stay fully focused on Christ no matter what is going on in our life.
- Gaining Control of our Thought-Life– Gretchen examines the enemy’s schemes against the minds of believers and how difficult it can be to gain control of our thought-life. Our minds can become fixated on unproductive, unhealthy thoughts. Gretchen shares 3 steps from the Bible for breaking those patterns. No matter what may trigger negative cycles in our minds, God offers a way to take captive those swirling thoughts.
- Standing Firm Against Temptation– By examining Jesus’ response to temptation, Gretchen identifies the 3 lies we are prone to believe from our enemy. These are age-old lies that are still just as effective in our day as it was for Eve, but Jesus shows how differently we can process and respond for better results. Learn how you may be falling for one of these lies and the practices that can keep you strong against temptation.
- When the Rescue Is Delayed– It can be confusing when our prayers aren’t being answered as we hoped. What are our options while we are waiting upon God? The Bible gives great insight on how to wait well without feeling helpless and hopeless. Gretchen shares practical tips for the good that can come from just such a season.
- Parenting Perspective– As a mother of 3 young adult children (and as a stay-at-home mom for 15 years and a working mom for 8 years), Gretchen offers great hindsight for moms of preschoolers to college students. She has learned much of her lessons the hard way and loves to share the practical truths of parenting with the end goal in mind.
- Custom Topics are available for your event for a particular theme. Additional topics that are available from Gretchen are found addressed in her blog posts.
If you’re interested, or for more information about additional topics and speaking availability, please reach out to Gretchen here! Statement of faith and personal references available upon request.
Here are a couple of highlights from the Jacksonville event for the ‘She Found Joy 2018 National Tour
If you’re interested in a speaking engagement, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.